Can the Standard Fire Restoration Processes Save Carpets?
Even in small fires, smoke and soot can damage flooring. Leave the remediation to the professionals. Call SERVPRO to restore your home.
Standard Fire Restoration from SERVPRO Covers All Issues Including Deep Soiling and Staining in Various Materials in Santa Monica Homes
When a fire in Santa Monica breaks out, it affects many of the contents in the house in different ways. It takes several processes, including cleaning and deodorization, to restore such materials to their preloss state.
Sometimes the damage is too advanced for the item to be saved. When renovating fire-damaged properties in Santa Monica, SERVPRO uses simple and advanced cleaning techniques, boosting your carpets' chances of saving.
What affects carpets most during a house fire?
The secret for successful fire restoration in Santa Monica homes is understanding how the damages in question develop. Carpets are mostly affected by:
- Accumulation of soot, ash, and other residues
- Accumulation of fire extinguisher residues
Residues like soot and ash can settle on the carpet during the fire. Alternatively, after putting out the fire, movements around the loss site can spread residues collected from other carpeting areas. Although the residues are the same, the steps needed for restoration differ because, in the second case, the soiling is deeply embedded in the carpet fiber.
The type of soil also determines the steps necessary for restoration. Using the same procedures to remove soot and fire extinguisher residues might not work since they have different chemical compositions. Powdery fire extinguisher residues are highly corrosive and must be removed before performing regular cleaning.
How does SERVPRO ensure adequate cleaning?
For restorative cleaning to work, it should match the level of soiling and the carpet material's physical traits. Deep soiling and staining may require more aggressiveness. However, using an aggressive method for slight soiling can cause physical damages to the fabric.
Our SERVPRO technicians use cleaning methods with diverse levels of aggressiveness, including:
- Bonnet cleaning
- Hot water extraction
- Deluxe precondition and rinse
- Rotary extraction
SERVPRO of Santa Monica / Venice Beach takes every step possible to save your items during fire restoration. Call us at (310) 395-9050 to help you deal with any issue, "Like it never even happened."
I Think We Have Mold in Our Production Room, Now What?
Mold can cause your customers to go elsewhere. SERVPRO is available to inspect your business for signs of visible and invisible mold.
When You Suspect Mold in Your Santa Monica Business, You Can Count on SERVPRO for Inspection and Remediation Services
Mold is never something you want to leave to chance, whether you suspect it in your home or commercial space. Once you feel as though you might have a mold infestation within your production floor, you must have the space assessed as soon as possible. SERVPRO has the training necessary to locate areas where mold is colonizing so that we can begin moisture detection and cleanup protocols. We work fast to ensure your Santa Monica business suffers little or no downtime so that you can stay on track with your production goals.
Do I Need Mold Inspection & Cleaning?
Contamination from the mold is a growing concern for all kinds of businesses. If you suspect that you have mold colonizing anywhere within your commercial space, it is vital that you contact the professionals for mold inspection in Santa Monica.
Mold is a fungus that thrives in damp places, known to grow in just about any area with moist conditions. When left unaddressed, mold can lead to potential health effects and harm your business's structural integrity. SERVPRO technicians have the necessary training to handle mold remediation. Our crew takes the time required to identify mold growth carefully to work on a plan for removal and sanitization.
What Should I Know About Mold?
Business owners need to know that some restoration entities will advertise their services as 'mold removal' in Santa Monica. However, the idea of completely removing mold from your business is not possible. Every building contains microscopic mold spores, so it is critical that you know some of the facts:
- Mold is everywhere, both inside and outside of buildings.
- Mold thrives in moist environments and quickly colonizes when spores become exposed to water. When this happens, the colonies can bring on adverse health effects.
- Microscopic in nature, mold spores travel through the air and often enter into commercial buildings through doors, windows, HVAC systems, or on the clothing of people who enter.
- Whenever a significant amount of mold is present, you may start to notice a strong, musty odor.
- It is elemental that moisture or standing water areas get cleared up before mold remediation services can begin. Without this step, mold can quickly return.
- It is best to note that higher humidity levels can create the ultimate atmosphere for mold growth. It is suggested that the indoor humidity of your building is kept lower than 45%.
Are There Signs for Which I Should Look?
One of the reasons that mold damage goes undetected is that it is usually hidden and hard to find. Should you have one or more of the following issues, you can contact SERVPRO to start the inspection process:
- Problems with your HVAC system
- Recent water damage or flooding
- Leaks from burst pipes or machinery
- Noticeable musty odors
- Water stains or discoloration on ceilings or walls
In some instances, there could also be damage to the structure of your Santa Monica commercial space. Mold is known to grow on and eventually destroy materials such as:
- HVAC systems
- Furnishings, and more
What Equipment is Used for Mold Inspection?
SERVPRO features IICRC-certified technicians trained to handle a variety of moisture-related situations for both residential and commercial customers. When you call us in for mold remediation, we have a broad range of tools and equipment at our disposal. We are always upgrading our diagnostic and testing equipment to ensure we have the latest technology to help provide the best mold assessments possible, including:
- Infrared Cameras –these tools are excellent for detecting hidden pockets of moisture, leading to toxic mold.
- Digital Moisture Meters –this equipment provides us with the actual moisture percentage so that our crew can verify whether or not the surface in question supports toxic mold growth.
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Meters –these devices help record essential air quality metrics to give us a clear picture of your indoor conditions' commercial space.
SERVPRO is the team to call when you need help with professional mold remediation services so that your business is back on track:
- We work fast to assess the potential mold damage, then create a mold remediation plan suited for your unique situation.
- Our crew chief keeps you informed every step of the way, letting you know if it is best to call in an Industrial Hygienist (IH) expert to test for mold spores within your structure.
- We help by assessing, inspecting, and then remediating the mold by removing any contaminated materials. We then scrape off any thin layers of spore growth followed by the application of EPA-registered antimicrobial agents.
SERVPRO of Santa Monica/Venice Beach is available when you need mold inspection and remediation at your place of business. You can reach us by calling (310) 395-9050, and we make it "Like it never even happened."
What Are the Main Advantages to Professional Water Restoration?
Time is of the essence when restoring water damage. Call SERVPRO to restore your water damaged home.
Choosing Professional Water Restoration for Your Santa Monica Home has Several Benefits that can Ultimately Save You Time and Money.
With hundreds of potential causes for water disasters in Santa Monica homes and condos, it takes a discerning property owner to determine when professional water restoration services are necessary. As simple as the situation might initially appear, failure to adequately address the full spectrum of exposed materials and contents might ultimately result in mold and microbial threats to develop. Mold remediation on top of water cleanup and restoration can often be an unnecessary expenditure.
Water restoration companies serving Santa Monica and the surrounding areas like our SERVPRO of Santa Monica / Venice Beach team can offer a comprehensive solution to water disasters. Some advantages to professional restoration include:
- Thorough Water Removal – With several extraction tools, including submersible pumps, high-pressure pumps, wet vacuums, and other specialty equipment, SERVPRO can quickly remove standing water concerns.
- Sufficient Drying – Ensuring that the house is entirely dried is vital to prevent mold growth and structural deterioration. We use air movers, dehumidifiers, and moisture detection tools to get a thorough drying result.
- In-House Contractors – Instead of seeking third party residential contractors, our team features licensed building trade professionals to perform demolition, repairs, and build-back as your property might require after a water disaster.
Are Repairs Always Necessary?
The determination about repairs and reconstruction occurs during the job scoping phase. We can identify surfaces and materials that are too severely damaged or not worth the time and money invested in drying and cleaning versus tear-out and replacement. Drywall often falls into this category.
As tempting as DIY drying and cleaning might be after water damages, it is not always in your best interest. Our SERVPRO of Santa Monica / Venice Beach team can help with thorough restoration and recovery solutions. Give us a call anytime at (310) 395-9050.
More about Santa Monica.
What Must Happen Quickly After a Flash Flood in Santa Monica?
Southern California experiences flooding. Should water invade your home, call SERVPRO!
Flash Floods can Destroy Homes and Condos, but with Several Steps Taken Quickly After These Disasters, there is a Better Opportunity to Lessen the Severity of the Damages
Severe weather situations are unpredictable for Santa Monica homes and businesses throughout our service area. What can begin is a beautiful sunny day here in Southern California can quickly turn into a damaging weather event. Understanding how fast storms can impact the entire region, it is not improbable for situations like flash floods to develop and compromise multiple homes and commercial properties in the city in a brief period.
Flash flood damage in Santa Monica can be widespread and involve many residences and properties at the same time. The pace of rushing water against aging structures can create vulnerabilities that allow water to get into the house and spread throughout the main floor. Because floor drains are not a standard installation in residences, floodwater has no place to go until extraction and other mitigation steps can get underway when SERVPRO professionals reach your address.
What Information Needs Conveying with Your Emergency Call?
When you speak with our helpful staffed emergency line, relaying the right information can ensure that these details reach the appropriate parties. Understanding the severity of the situation dictates the equipment taken and the personnel secured to respond to these disasters. From flood removal to environmental cleaning products and equipment, not every tool and device in our extensive inventory is beneficial for restoring flood damages, especially natural flooding that can bring debris and solids into the residence. When speaking with our operators, you should be able to tell them:
- Conditions in the house
- Presence of standing water
- Safety concerns
- Any measures you have already taken to lessen damages
What Can I Do While I Wait for Help to Arrive?
Disasters can often leave homeowners feeling powerless against the damage in their home, but there are some actions you can take while waiting on our competent SERVPRO flood restoration company to arrive. Even seemingly small tasks completed quickly can have a dramatic impact on the total losses that you experience or how readily your home and contents can be preserved after a flash flood. Because these disasters happen so rapidly and unexpectedly, preventative steps should only get taken when it is safe to do so. Some of the actions homeowners can take before our SERVPRO team arrives include:
- Shut off utilities
- Move valuable contents to unaffected areas of the house
- Get everyone safely out of the house
What Can SERVPRO Do to Reduce Losses?
Emergency services play a vital role in protecting your property and how efficiently restoration and build-back can occur. Direct restorative and protective actions started with our arrival can prevent costlier widespread damages from continued water penetration, the presence of debris and solids throughout the property, or over-saturation and deterioration of treasured contents and personal belongings. Our in-house contractors can work with our Santa Monica flood mitigation professionals to determine preemptive steps to protect the house. Some of these emergency services completed when our team first arrives include:
- Temporary Fencing
- Debris Removal/Muck-Out
- Content Management
What Are the Effective Extraction Options?
Flood removal and drying are the foundation of successful water and storm damage recovery in your house. From structural breaches that allow runoff into areas like the attic to the immediate damages of flash flooding penetrating doorways and other vulnerabilities of your single-story home, removing standing water and saturation is the base of successful flood mitigation and restoration. The removal of pooling in some damaged regions of your residence can simultaneously fall to many different extraction units. With the presence of debris and solids expected in natural flooding scenarios, specific water removal tools get used to overcome these obstacles, such as:
- Trash Pumps
- Truck-Mount Extractors
- Wet Vacuums
Likewise, drying also must be calculated and happen as soon as possible to reduce moisture migration through the property. Specialty drying tools can go above and beyond the capabilities of the standard air movers and dehumidification approach for evaporation. We use floor mat drying systems, positive pressure systems, negative pressure systems, and trailer desiccant dehumidifiers for whole-house moisture removal.
As overwhelming as flood losses might initially appear, our SERVPRO of Santa Monica / Venice Beach team can help with efficient and effective water removal, drying, and cleaning practices. We can make flooding disasters “Like it never even happened.” Flash flooding happens quickly, so you can expect our professionals to respond fast to help when you call (310) 395-9050.
What Type of Cleaning Agent Do I Need to Use After Water Damage?
When water damaged this home, SERVPRO made it “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO Assesses Each Damage Situation in Santa Monica Individually to Determine Cleaning Goals
Our Santa Monica-based technicians use multiple cleaning products, machinery, and techniques to attack the potentially long-lasting water damage effects. While we have various cleaning agents, one of our most popular is our Green Cleaner since it is environmentally friendly, free from scents, and PH neutral.
Someone in My Home is Sensitive to Smells, Can SERVPRO Accommodate?
Yes, SERVPRO Uses Specially Formulated Green Cleaners
Water-damaged homes in Santa Monica require cleaning to mitigate secondary damage like malodors and mold growth. The longer the water sits, the more thorough the cleaning should be. It is essential to use reliable, effective cleaners. However, not everyone can handle the odor of strongly perfume-scented cleaning agents. Unscented cleaning options are critical to best suit everyone's cleaning needs. SERVPRO has its own line of Green Cleaners that is an environmentally friendly alternative to more traditional cleaners. It is PH neutral and does not have any dye or fragrances.
What Type of Green Cleaners Do SERVPRO Technicians Use?
- #249 Window Green Clean: This is a specially formulated cleaner as an alternative to regular window cleaners.
- #250 All Surface Green Clean: An all-around surface cleaner for water damage, safe for floors, ceilings, walls, and counters.
- #251 Carpet & Upholstery Green Clean: This formulation works as both a carpet and upholstery cleaner. It is an all-in-one cleaner but can also be a spot-cleaner for hard-to-remove stains.
All SERVPRO's Green Cleaners have the Green Seal meet the EPA environment guidelines. It is not toxic and is phosphate-free. Another environmental benefit is that the Green Cleaners quickly biodegrade, ensuring a small ecological footprint.
For 24/7 assistance, Contact SERVPRO of Santa Monica / Venice Beach at (310) 395-9050.
More about Santa Monica.
Where Do I Turn for Help with Cleaning a Trauma Scene in Santa Monica?
Sometimes traumatic events invade our homes. SERVPRO is equipped and trained to clean and restore your home.
Skill, Care, and Compassion Are Why SERVPRO Is a Professional and Comforting Resource for Santa Monica Residents Coping with Trauma Scene Cleanup
During the grief and confusion suffered after discovering a trauma scene in your Santa Monica home, you need a professional partner upon whom you can depend. Your obligation to arrange for the cleanup after traumatic loss is often a final unexpected blow to an already incredibly stressful situation. The risk of exposure to hazardous substances adds to your angst, why we make responding to these calls a priority.
What Are the Dangers of DIY Trauma Scene Cleanup?
The distress of coping with trauma scene cleanup in Santa Monica can make the next steps feel quite demanding. First responders wrap up their work at the scene and then leave the homeowner to manage the aftermath. As you face the mess and residuals, you might consider cleaning the scene yourself. Experts do not recommend a do-it-yourself approach because of the training and precise protocols needed to handle the cleanup wholly and appropriately, following legal requirements for the hazards involved:
- Bloodborne pathogens present in human tissues and fluids
- Crime response chemicals such as pepper spray and teargas
- Evidence gathering substances like fingerprint power and luminol (reacts with blood traces)
- Drug residues
- Molds and vermin (in hoarding or unattended death scenarios)
How Do Professionals Prepare to Manage Trauma Scene Cleaning?
SERVPRO ensures that the technicians assigned to biohazard cleanup after a trauma event have the specific training and certification required by governmental entities. We provide the EPA-registered products needed to deep clean and disinfect. The technicians seek out the migration of the fluids and other substances into structures and fixtures, including cavities, subfloors, insulation, padding, and carpeting. Then research-based strategies remove the hazards even if hidden.
We take responsibility for providing critically needed trauma scene cleanup seriously, and this is why SERVPRO of Santa Monica / Venice Beach is a valued resource for those in need of it. Call us anytime, day or night at (310) 395-9050 for help with a delicate and challenging situation.
More about Santa Monica.
A Pipe Burst in My Santa Monica Home – What Can I Expect from A Professional Water Damage Company?
Our Green Fleet is always ready to go to restore your water damaged home.
SERVPRO is Your One-Stop Source for Water Mitigation – Our Expert Crews Will Clean, Repair and Restore Your Santa Monica Home
A burst pipe sends gallons of water flooding into your home in minutes. Understanding what to expect from the Santa Monica water damage professionals you hire to take care of the problem will prepare you.
What are the steps for water damage cleanup?
The first step is always to ensure the source of water intrusion is stopped and scope out the damaged area. Reducing the loss of materials and preventing secondary damage is the primary goal. A thorough scope will provide the technicians working on water removal in your Santa Monica home with the data to get started. Then the next steps fall in place:
- Water Extraction – removing any standing water in the house. Using moisture sensors and infrared lights to detect hidden water.
- Drying Out – After removing the water, the drying out process begins. Heavy-duty air movers and dehumidifiers are a vital part of this step.
- Content Management – Protecting content from further damage and repairing and restoring items such as furniture, clothing, books, and even papers.
- Cleaning – Everything gets thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Repairs and Replacement – Taking care of any repairs to the home and structure. With a burst pipe, this often involves repairing sink fixtures, plumbing, or cabinets.
Are You Available Whenever Needed?
SERVPRO is available 24/7 to provide emergency water removal. Catastrophes do not take a holiday, and neither do we. We understand what water intrusion can do to your everyday life. Our crews help you get back to normal as quickly as possible.
Contact SERVPRO of Santa Monica / Venice Beach at (310) 395-9050 for expert water removal service. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
More about Santa Monica.
Why Should I Hire Professionals for Fire Damage Restoration in My West Los Angeles Home?
Restoring fire and smoke damage is difficult. SERVPRO has the tools and experience to make it “Like it never even happened.”
West Los Angeles Residents Profit from the Specialized Scientific Training and Certification in Fire Damage Restoration Obtained by the SERVPRO Team
After a household fire in West Los Angeles, the soiling left on structures, fixtures, and contents seems hardly related to even the most challenging dirt or grime seen in your home previously. Water and charred debris complicate matters. Property owners do well to wait for a thorough assessment of the soot by professional restorers before proceeding with the cleaning. Why chance any additional damage when our team is trained and experienced in effective fire damage cleanup?
Are There Physical Dangers for Individuals Cleaning Up Fire Damage Residues?
Ordinary, untrained cleaning attempts to achieve fire damage restoration in your West Los Angeles residence are likely to smear, spread, or otherwise make the soiling worse. The ground in soot and staining will need more intensive and expensive cleaning, and removal and replacement of materials in severe cases. Although the possibility of permanent structural damage is troubling, more concerning is that the residues are highly toxic. Skin contact with surface contamination or inhalation of airborne soot, gasses, and other substances potentially exposes you and your family to risks that could impair health or well-being. Certified fire restoration technicians are trained in safe and effective methods to remove soot and leave surfaces free of contaminants. We continuously train to manage these dangers so you can attend to your calendar's responsibilities and the needs of your family.
What Precautions Do Professional Restorers Take to Ensure Safety During Restoration?
When SERVPRO crews arrive, a safety assessment is a top priority in determining the fire damage restoration plan. We are familiar with most fire sites' typical safety issues but are also aware that each scenario is different and inspect accordingly. Some of the concerns we address include:
- Firefighting water:
- Contains contaminants, including fire extinguishing chemicals and fire residues
- Can collect in building cavities that might threaten collapse
- Needs release, extraction, and drying before soot cleanup can begin
- Structural integrity:
- Firefighting water load combined with extensive charring and even burn through structural supports weakens everything from ceilings and walls to floors and framing
- Heat-shattered windows and doors and decisions made during firefighting to cut into structures to locate hot spots affect the home's supporting structure
- Air quality:
- Smoke contains an endless list of potentially hazardous now-airborne substances
- Odor-bearing particles disperse, setting up conditions for persistent stenches to affect your home even after it looks clean and sanitized
- Cleaning of unsafe residues and substances:
- Soot covered surfaces and contents need evaluating for the types of residues deposited or absorbed and the best products, tools, and techniques to clean them
- If any biohazardous materials crop up during inspection, we arrange for certified technicians to remove and dispose of them legally -- examples include:
- Lead (often found in homes constructed or remodeled in the 1970s or earlier as paint)
- Health and well-being of restoration workers
- Health and well-being of you and your family:
- During the project, we safeguard our customers and other occupants of affected property through containment efforts, including wrapping work areas in 1.6 mil polyethylene and negative pressure air scrubbers to prevent the drift of harmful substances.
- Health and well-being of restoration workers:
- Because of our technicians and managers' proximity to a broad range of hazardous materials and substances, we provide and require them to wear personal protective equipment during the restoration project.
What About the Restoration of My Home's Contents?
Our recommendation for a pack-out of either or both fire damaged or unaffected furnishings, household goods, and personal possessions are possible after a West Los Angeles fire. Moving some or all your belongings away from your residence permits us to:
- Sequester unaffected contents to prevent smoke, soot, or other residues from damaging them
- Evaluate fire-damaged materials to determine if and how our specially trained production facility technicians can clean, dry, disinfect, and deodorize everything from clothes to books to electronics and more
- Use unique equipment and processes to restore items:
- Freeze-drying for papers, books, and photos
- Ultrasonic tanks to utilize sound waves to dislodge embedded soot and other residues on nonporous items
- Small chambers to use deodorization equipment and manage the drying process
- Industrial washers and dryers for textiles, and access to dry cleaners and electronic cleaning specialists
Hire SERVPRO of Santa Monica / Venice Beach with confidence to assist with restoration during the aftermath of a home fire. Our highly qualified and equipped team can be at your service with one call to (310) 395-9050.
Will Water Damage Cleanup at My Packing Facility Take a Long Time?
Are you equipped to handle a water loss emergency? SERVPRO is!
SERVPRO has a Skilled Team and Advanced Equipment to Ensure Your Santa Monica Business Gets the Water Damage Repair It Needs
Whenever a plumbing issue or a burst pipe sends a mass of water throughout your Santa Monica Business, you need prompt action from trained mitigation and restoration professionals. The last circumstance you want is for your business to halt or for secondary damage to set in. No matter the scope or breadth of the venture, our team at SERVPRO is ready to spring into action with water removal and drying services.
How Quickly Does Water Extraction Work?
When called for commercial water damage repair in Santa Monica, we take the time to scrutinize the loss zone. Each job is unique, so the time that it takes depends on a variety of factors:
- The amount of standing water present
- The surface area of all impacted spaces
- The total of all semi-porous and porous materials affected
- Placement of fixtures and equipment within your commercial space
Because secondary damage and the onset of mildew and mold growth happens in as little as 24 to 48 hours after the loss, we get to work fast on cleanup and moisture detection. Crews get to work quickly to remove standing water so that we can use a pre-determined amount of airflow and dehumidification equipment to execute the drying phase.
For a packing facility or warehouse with large open floorplans, water is known to collect even without noticeable pooling. Our IICRC-certified technicians precisely know what to look for so that we never underestimate the depth of the water loss or the amount of equipment necessary to facilitate drying.
SERVPRO of Santa Monica/Venice Beach has you covered when you need water damage repair in your commercial space. From extraction and drying to controlled demolition and sanitizing, we get to work fast to make it “Like it never even happened.” Call us 24/7 at (310) 395-9050.
More about Santa Monica.
What Does Fire Damage Restoration Involve?
Wildfires are common to Southern California. SERVPRO has the know-how to remove and soot and smoke damage from your home.
Fire Damage Restoration Services in West Los Angeles Focus on Cleaning Up Harmful Soot Residues and Eliminating Unpleasant Smells
The hot, dry late summer and early fall months in Southern California often mean an increased risk of wildfires. These fires are especially troublesome in the brushy hills just to the north of West Los Angeles. As brush fires in this wilderness area burn, winds can quickly spread the flames into neighboring communities. Also, since residential zones are quite dense in this part of the state, fires often spread rapidly from house to house once they reach local neighborhoods. Fortunately, when such natural disasters occur, there are area services that can help.
How are Interior Surfaces and Personal Property Affected by a House Fire?
Fire damage restoration in West Los Angeles primarily involves cleaning soot residues off affected surfaces and neutralizing odors related to them. The burning process is a chemical reaction that produces and deposits multiple smelly compounds on surfaces around your home. These foul-smelling gaseous and solid mixtures are responsible for most damage to materials remaining after a fire. They often impregnate structural elements and household items with odorous particles. Many of these particles are acidic and can, over time, discolor materials and corrode metallic surfaces. Some of the many things affected by such damage are:
- HVAC systems
- Structural elements like floors, walls, and ceilings
- Various household fixtures
- Attic rafters and insulation
- Furnishings and other personal property
To prevent further harm to these affected parts of your home, you need the assistance of a proper fire-damaging cleanup and restoration company like SERVPRO.
What are the Ways SERVPRO Cleans Up Fire-Related Residues?
As previously explained, fire-related residues are responsible for most of your home’s post-fire issues. Therefore, to fully restore your residence to its original condition, they must be appropriately cleaned up. SERVPRO employs a variety of means to do just that. These include:
- Removing non-grease residues by pressure washing impacted structural elements
- Using dry cleaning sponges to wipe away non-grease smoke deposits
- Cleaning up greasy residues with white vinegar solutions or tri-sodium phosphate (TSP)
- Employing the peroxide active cleaning technique when remediating delicate, heavily soiled surfaces
- Eliminating charring and heavy residues with scrapers, wire brushes, or abrasive blasting methods
In these various ways, our trained technicians can often successfully remove most types of damaging odorous residues from your home.
What Other Gear is Used to Remove Airborne and Material-Embedded Odors?
Neutralizing the unwanted smells of fire damage usually requires the use of advanced tools. This equipment is not readily available to the public and requires the right training to use it effectively. Some of the professional-grade gear SERVPRO employs to eliminate fire-related smells includes:
- Deodorant injection devices that neutralize odors in upholstered items and carpeting
- Ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers to deodorize affected areas of your house
- Thermal foggers that aerosolize deodorants to counteract foul smells
- Pressure sprayers for eliminating odors emanating from structural elements
- High-velocity box fans and air movers to rapidly ventilate your residence and remove airborne smells
- Ozone generators that counteract odor-causing particles with ozone gas
- Scrubbers that filter out odorous indoor particles and pull in clean outdoor air
- Vaportek systems that aerosolize natural oils to neutralize fire-related smells
- HVAC cleaning systems to remove soot residues from various ventilation conduits
Our technicians, using all these high-tech tools, are generally able to remove the most harmful odorous residues from your home. In doing so, they help prevent fire-related smells from continuing to circulate throughout your residence.
As you experience the seemingly endless hot sunny days of Southern California, remember that they come with a cost. Months of dry, cloudless days eventually lead to brush fires in the hills surrounding West Los Angeles. These blazes can start without much warning and rapidly spread into the densely populated nearby communities. Once in these residential areas, fires can quickly engulf multiple residences and do extensive damage in minutes. The destruction caused by these natural disasters is unpredictable and can vary significantly within an impacted zone. Some homes may be total losses, while other neighboring properties are minimally affected.
Although it is rarely possible to prevent a wildfire from damaging your home, companies like SERVPRO can help you clean up in their aftermath. Our experts can effectively remove smell-producing soot residues that can cause adverse health effects and harm household surfaces. In eliminating these substances, SERVPRO protects your home’s interior and its contents from discoloration and corrosion. We also help prevent the future recirculation of unpleasant fire damage odors throughout your home.
With all that said, if a wildfire ever impacts your residence, help is available. Call SERVPRO of Santa Monica/Venice Beach at (310) 395-9050.