Should Homeowners Agree to a Pack-Out After Flood Damage in Venice Beach?
SERVPRO’s Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) Keeps Everything Organized in the Aftermath of Venice Beach Flooding
After Venice Beach flood damage, the smartest way to manage the restoration of your home and possessions might include allowing professional removal of your furnishings, household goods, and personal possessions. Clearing the decks of your water-logged house:
- Permits aggressive pumping and extraction of floodwaters from all areas of your dwelling
- Eliminates the need to move cumbersome items around repeatedly as spaces receive water damage mitigation and remediation
- Simplifies determination of drying goals, affecting only structures and fixtures
- Reduces the humidity load inside your damaged Santa Monica home, speeding structural drying
- Enables the skills of specially trained contents technicians to focus on flood-damaged furniture, textiles, papers, electronics, and other items
How Does the SERVPRO Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) Work During Flood Restoration?
Our team takes on the heavy lifting, literally, of packing up and moving your property. SERVPRO crew members use the following to ensure strict accounting of the items removed:
- Traditional lists
- Barcoding memorialized on a software app
- Digital photographs to note items’ conditions and placement in your home
Where Does SERVPRO Bring the Packed-Out Property?
If you have a secure and dry area in or near your home, SERVPRO can stage the items there for safekeeping and assessment. We also frequently recommend transport to our production facility instead. The benefits of transporting the pack-out boxes and protectively wrapped large items to our facility include:
- Careful assessment and documentation of flood damage to each item
- Real-time consultations with your insurance carrier to help substantiate claims for replacement or restoration
- Options for a wide range of interventions including specialized laundering, contained and monitored drying, freeze-drying of papers, immersion and ultrasonic tub cleaning of durable items, and more.
Feel secure in your decision to allow SERVPRO of Santa Monica / Venice Beach to pack up and move out your possessions during flood damage restoration. Call (310) 395-9050 to learn how we safeguard your property while giving wet items the treatment required to make it “Like it never even happened.”