Does Flood Damage Stop After the Initial Water Intrusion?
SERVPRO Can Help You Avoid Secondary Damage after Your Santa Monica Property Floods
When looking for an exciting place to live or visit, Santa Monica can be a great choice considering in 2010 it was listed number 7 in the National Geographic "Top 10 Beach Cities in the World" list. TIME magazine also recognized it as one of the "Best Places to Live." The beachside city is 8.3 square miles, located on the westside of Los Angeles County.
Some of its main attractions include its unparalleled natural beauty, such as the broad sandy beaches stretching approximately 3.5 miles. The fresh ocean breeze is welcoming to visitors who enjoy various activities, including Volleyball at the beach, looking for sea lions, or just watching the crashing waves.
Historically Santa Monica has always been an excellent getaway for many people, including the affluent ones such as Hollywood celebrities who patronized Club Casa Del Mar and other entertainment spots in the 1920s. Club Casa del Mar was constructed by brothers Jack and Til Harter, and they opened it on May 1, 1926, as a private beach club. Currently, some of the top hotels in the area include:
- Shutters on the Beach
- The Huntley Hotel Santa Monica Beach
- Oceana Santa Monica, LXR Hotels & Resorts
Museums in Santa Monica
The city was incorporated and named for Saint Monica in 1886. Its favorable weather made it a great resort city by the early 20th century. Currently, it attracts over 8 million tourists annually. Apart from the traditional attractions in the area, museums also draw in many people. Some of the top museums include:
- Santa Monica History Museum- The facility exhibits regional historical artifacts such as rare photos. The facility located on 7th street in downtown Santa Monica began in 1975. Visitors can enjoy interactive exhibits, purchase historical photo reprints, free lectures, and research services.
- Museum of Flying- The private museum was initially opened in 1974 by Donald Douglas, closed in 2002, and reopened in 2012. The facility displays many artifacts associated with the Douglas Aircraft Company. Apart from exploring exhibits, there is an observation deck where visitors can also observe planes taking off and landing.
- 3DAR Trick Art Museum- The facility located on 3rd street Promenade is one of the city's more recent attractions. The exhibitions are interactive, allowing you to step into the artworks and create your own story with various paintings, including dolphins, 3D zombies, and other paintings that come to life. It is highly rated as a place to spend time with family.
How Does SERVPRO Help Prevent Secondary Flood Damage in Santa Monica?
Finding your property inundated with filthy floodwaters is an unpleasant experience. While the damage from such intrusion is already done, you should not abandon your property since other unnecessary issues can develop. Typical secondary complications include:
- Mold development
- Irreversible moisture damage
SERVPRO can help you avoid secondary obstacles by taking immediate steps to protect your property. For instance, boarding up the property helps seal all openings keeping vandals and small animals out. We also help perform move-outs to protect your valuables from overexposure to floodwaters. We can also extract water from the house fast if the floodwaters outside the structure have receded.
SERVPRO of Santa Monica / Venice Beach has sufficient experience dealing with flood damaged properties. Call us at (310) 395-9050 to help resolve the problems you face.